Yet again I find myself realising how much I suck at keeping any form of record or journal, which frustrates me as I find it a great way to focus and to express myself outside of work.
My pile of books to read has grown ever higher and so I aim to read at least 50 books by October – hopefully this blog will keep me on track and ready to read.
I fully expect there to be a couple of re-reads (always the best way to get out of a slump) although I will really be focusing on new books and want to aim to get some new releases in there too.
Completed in 2017 so far:
- Homage to Catalonia – George Orwell
- Homegoing – Yaa Gyasi (2017 UK release)
- Shadow of the Wind – Carlos Ruiz Zafón (re-read of one of my favourite books of all time)
- The Angel’s Game – Carlos Ruiz Zafón (re-read)
- The Prisoner of Heaven – Carlos Ruiz Zafón (re-read)
- Pride and Prejudice – Jane Austen
- Sad Cypress – Agatha Christie
- The Murder at the Vicarage – Agatha Christie
- The Book Thief – Marcus Zusak
- Born a Crime – Trevor Noah